Monday, October 31, 2011

Dessert Friday #17

Happy Halloween! I'm incredibly late with this one. Apparently having a gimpy back makes me want to sit on the couch and do absolutely nothing. Or maybe it just makes me do everything twice as slowly, so I end up not feeling like I have enough time to do everything I want to, and then I get demoralized and do nothing instead. It's a tough call. In any case, my back still sucks, and I still haven't exercised despite having ingested more sweets than ever.

Last Friday: Beard Papa's cream puffs for Dessert Friday again.

Yup.

These things are so insanely good. Unbelievable really that I'd never heard of this place until two weeks ago. Despite lugging around two decently sized boxes with me for two miles, I still went and picked up a box of these (the boxes are a long story). Let's just say walking home was tricky and involved me using my chin as a third hand.

Strawberries and cream.

Nick likes the strawberry ones. So he got three of those. I prefer honey and pumpkin, myself.

Yes indeed.

Seriously, someone, get me the recipe for this filling. Or any recipe for a similar filling. Is it hard to make?

:D

I think I'd be happy if I could just have the filling in a cup.

Me too. Can I get some of that?

There was a plethora of sweets today at work, in the spirit of Halloween. I don't have any pictures, because I was too busy stuffing my face (but really, I was). Muffins, cookies, cake, everything pumpkin...etc. You get the gist. I kind of don't want to see sweets for the next month. Wait, no, I take that back already. I'll be good to go by tomorrow.

My cubicle row at work also won a Halloween cubicle decorating contest. Pictures to come. In short, it was an awesome victory because none of us really wanted to decorate in the first place, but then we kind of started and then...kind of took off with it. Apparently we're big on crafts, more so than the actual holiday.

So really what I'd like to do is take a week off work and lie in my bed with a heat pad on my 90-year-old back and not move.

Just like this one is doing.

Just hand me some water every half hour. I'll be here.

2 comments:

  1. I die every time I read your blog! I live vicariously through you with those darned desserts!!!!

    I also love me some Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I will gladly keep eating desserts for you to read about!

    ReplyDelete