Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yoga

Ever since I found a yoga studio within just a few minutes' walking distance of my apartment, I've been more obsessed with yoga than I was before. The first time I saw someone doing yoga, I basically gave up hope of ever being able to be good, because I thought it must be one of those things that you have to start practicing at the age of three or something to be decent at it later on.

But actually, I found that in yoga, if you keep trying, you can actually see yourself improving and being able to do things you didn't think you were capable of. I definitely saw this, and I've really only been doing it consistently for a few months.

Case in point.
Crow. What.
The first time I tried that, I almost fell flat on my face because my arms were like "WHAT IS GOING ON WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US" and were in no way capable of supporting me like that. This is still one of the more basic moves (I think?). Still working on it.

It just so happens that I like yoga a lot more than any other type of exercise that I've done. I was a big gym-goer in college, and I think the elliptical, treadmill, and stationary bike have more than run their courses. I don't care if I ever set foot on an elliptical again. It's okay exercise if I really want to do nothing else, but I don't really get excited about hopping onto an elliptical as my exercise routine. I also didn't really care for weight-lifting. I did it, but would have preferred not to.

And don't even get me started on running. I've accepted that I will never be a good runner. Also, it hurts my knees and shins. Evil.

Bailey likes yoga too!
Yes, it's true.
She usually freaks out when I pull out the mats (scary), and then calms down and sits by to judge my poses.

Chaturanga. Yayan, get your butt down.
I can do it too. And I'm better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment