Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sugar Overdose

I think I overdosed on sugar this past week. Yesterday and today did not help.

I was out with my parents all day yesterday, so head chef Nick made dinner and dessert. He used some leftover chili we had (I made about 10 gallons of chili last weekend, and after eating chili for almost every meal this week, I don't think I'll be able to have any for about a year) to make a cheddar chili pasta cornbread casserole. For dessert he made a strawberry cobbler. Both were amazing, and we had ice cream with the cobbler, so it was double amazing. 

As usual, Bailey spent the entire time we were eating crouched down behind my chair. It kind of looked like she was praying.

Please please please let them give me some please
Nope. Prayers not answered.

And then she looked grumpy the rest of the night.

Yeah, what of it?
Spoiled.

Today my friend Katherine and I made these pumpkin whoopie pies from a recipe by the Hummingbird Bakery. They were insanely good.

:DDD
The frosting's a little messed up, because by this point I'd eaten three of them and my clumsy fingers would knock over everything when I took one. So that was definitely my bad.

And because Katherine and her boyfriend are awesome, they got me some organic Honeycrisp apples from a local farmer's market as a birthday present (yay!) because I spent 20 minutes last week raving to Katherine about how much I love Honeycrisp apples (if you've never had one, go eat one now). I had one as soon as I got home, and I have to say, it was a refreshing break from all the sugary desserts I'd been eating. So, thank you, Katherine and Trevor, for deviating me from my journey along the path to self-induced diabetes. I really appreciate it.

Bailey spent most of the morning the same way she usually spends all her Sunday mornings. Sleeping and being grumpy if we're too loud.

Leave me alone.
That's a half-asleep stink eye she's giving me there. Yup. I'm used to it.

Remember how I said I never buy Bailey toys because she just loses them? Well, tonight proved my point. I decided to give her some exercise and play with her, but then realized that I could only find one of her toys. And she's accumulated quite a lot, since people who are clearly nicer than I am give them to her (Joanna, Nick, and Nick's mom). So it was a slight mystery to me tonight when I only found ONE toy in her drawer. Nick decided to look under the couch, and this is what was dug up.


Yup. All of those got rescued from under the couch tonight. Bailey, WHAT are you doing? Come on now.

She went nuts on one of them for about an hour after we pulled it out. 

I HAVE MISSED THIS SO MUCH WHY WAS IT GONE FOR SO LONG
Cause you put it under the couch and never retrieved it, Bailey.

She's definitely got some smooth moves when she's flipping out. Really just the definition of grace.

I forget how my legs work.
She also cuddled with it a little.

I love my toy.
She's a special one, she is.

Yes I agree.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww she IS special!!!!! OMG those desserts are making me crazy! You are lucky you aren't the size of a house! lol

    Hurry and run over to my blog if you want to try and win another cute little toy for Bailey to lose!

    ReplyDelete