Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dessert Friday #11

Ugh, what is wrong with me? Late on Dessert Friday again.

Actually, I do have an excuse. Sort of.

Not really.

My laptop's battery decided to completely die last week (either that or my laptop has decided to reject my battery's existence), and now I can't use my laptop unless it's plugged in, and I can't move it from, say, the couch to the dining room table without shutting it off, unplugging it, and turning it back on.

Apparently this five-minute delay is enough for me to tuck my laptop away for a few days and lose all connection with the internet world.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm extremely impatient? I am.

In any case, Dessert Friday did happen last week. We had red velvet cupcakes (YUM) from Sugar Bliss.


Every week when Friday rolls around, I tell myself that I'm going to get something other than red velvet. Nope. Apparently it's not going to happen.

Always and forever.
I also came home to this.

What?
Yes, Bailey took one of her toys, carried it to the other end of the apartment, and dropped it in her food bowl. I have no idea why. She was probably annoyed the rest of the day because she blocked herself from her food.

She also got a NEW toy (Joanna, thank you for being the main supplier of Bailey's toys)! One of those catnip stick things she LOVES. And always loses.

This is mine oh yes it is.
Yesterday was a shopping extravaganza day with my friend Katherine. It was so great. I love Ikea. I also love Meijer. We got home around 6pm and I wanted to make this General Tso's Chicken recipe, which was delicious but took me like two hours to get done.

Yum.
Bailey came over looking all hopeful, but I was having none of it and didn't share. She got a little huffy.

Fine. I see how it is.
I can't even look at you right now.
She's also got kind of a fat lip on her bottom lip. I'm not sure what caused it, but it happened once before and went away by itself, so I'm hoping that happens again. In case any of you happen to know what this is, let me know:

Fix me :(
It's that purplish splotch on her bottom lip. I think it might be acne. You know. Kitten puberty and all.

It's my birthday next Wednesday (yes it is), and in preparation for the slew of baked goods that are coming my way (thank you in advance to everyone who said they're baking), I of course kicked off Sunday with...cake.

Joy.
My mom bought me this tiramisu cake and it was so so good. I love tiramisu. Hard to say whether I like it more or less than red velvet. It's a tough call.

And she got me flowers!

Pretty :)
Yay for birthdays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment