Thursday, September 15, 2011

Crepes

Because I've been so lazy about dinner this week, I've had to buy lunch the past couple of days instead of having leftovers. Today's lunch made me nauseous for the entire afternoon, and I vowed to never buy food for lunch again.

For a while, at least.

So tonight I made a gigantic (and I mean seriously gigantic) pot of corn chowder, along with crepes for dessert. No, there are no crepes left for me to bring to lunch tomorrow. But there's about 50 more servings of soup, so I'm good with that.


I would just like to take a moment to ask: how adorable are those bowls?! I got them in Fargo for $2 each. I nearly died from happiness. I live for good deals.

And of course, the crepes. I've only made crepes once before about two years ago, and I remembered it being stressful because of how you have to spread the batter out in the pan. It wasn't too bad tonight. I'm going to take that to mean that my cooking skills have improved over the years.

Spread out and not too misshapen!
Beautiful.
I also found TWO jars of Nutella stashed in the back of my shelves that I had somehow FORGOTTEN ABOUT. How could I forget that I owned something so delicious? I have no idea. We had the crepes with Nutella and raspberries. Because we didn't have strawberries.

YUM.
I promise it's not a burrito.
Bailey smelled all of the good stuff and came wandering into the kitchen. She sat behind my chair for the majority of the meal and stared daggers through my back, silently willing me to give her some food.

Yup. I will be here until you give me some of whatever you are eating.
She stared at whoever got up to get seconds.

Pass me some, will you?
At one point I turned around to find her three feet closer to my chair. She's sneaky. Silent. Like a ninja.

Oh hello. How about sharing, now that I'm right here?
She switched off between staring at me and staring at the food. Just to make sure I knew what she was going for.

Yeah, that one right there. Just toss it over.
Nope. She did not get any.

0 comments:

Post a Comment