Monday, August 1, 2011

Spoiled Kitten

I made salmon for myself tonight. Myself, because Nick hates fish. It's okay. More for me.

I bought a ton of salmon last week when we were at Jewel (where unfortunately it's not very convenient for us to go too often) because our local grocery store charges you your soul and tears for most things, and a decent salmon filet would have cost me my firstborn child.

Do you know how much salmon is at Jewel?

A lot less than your firstborn child.

Tonight I finally got around to making it, and didn't want to mess it up, so I looked up a bunch of ways to cook salmon. After about 20 minutes on the internet I realized the best recipe was one that I'm going to personally coin "Put Whatever the Hell You Want On It."

And that's what I did.


I don't even remember everything I put on it. I think salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin...probably other things that I'm forgetting. But it tasted really good.

Bailey smelled the fish cooking and immediately trotted into the kitchen (where, ahem, she is technically not allowed).

You're going to give me some, right?
Being the (recently-turned) softy that I am, and since I had just been touching the raw salmon, I figured it wouldn't hurt to let her have a couple licks of my fingers.

Do you know what I learned tonight?

Bailey doesn't like raw salmon. Apparently.

I know. How spoiled of her.

She sniffed my fingers for about ten minutes.

This smells interesting to me...wait...it's not COOKED?
But then she just walked away.

And then watched me the entire time I cooked the fish.

Yes, I prefer it sauteed with onions and spices. Serve it on a platter, I'll be waiting right here.
She fell asleep on the windowsill right as I was finishing and I definitely did not wait for her to wake up before inhaling everything. So spoiled Bailey didn't get any fish tonight. Which I'm sure she's devastated about.

Huh? Is that my foot?
Good thing she doesn't hold grudges. Or remember too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment