Friday, August 12, 2011

Dessert Friday #6...

...was homemade!


That's right. I made cupcakes. 24 of them.

And then I ate them.

No, I didn't. I think I would've died of sugar overdose. Actually, I haven't eaten a single one yet. I know. WHAT?! It was because I spent half the night making and eating these.

Caprese Baked Egg Cups from How Sweet It Is

These were insanely good. Nick made some chicken to go along with them. And that was our dinner.

Also some bread.


Yeah I already ate the chicken there...

I'm hanging out with some friends tomorrow and in a moment of heightened motivation I decided to bring cupcakes. I figured I'd make the cupcakes tonight, because I'm not sure if I'll have time during the day, and then make the frosting and frost them tomorrow. And so I started baking 24 cupcakes at 10pm.

I'm not sure if that was a smart decision.

The second batch is still baking, and I'm tired. And since I have no idea how to keep frosting in the fridge overnight (it always dries out, just a little bit), I'm using cream cheese frosting courtesy of Betty Crocker for our Dessert Friday this week. No complaints though, that stuff is delicious and I can eat it out of the jar with a spoon. Not that I've ever done that...

...definitely not.

Bailey spent the night living on the edge of her kitchen boundary, staring longingly into the kitchen because there were cupcake ingredients all over the counter.

I just want a tiny bit...

Eventually she gave up and ate her kibble.

Fine, I'll have my own food.

And then proceeded to stare at me remorsefully while I waited for the cupcakes to bake.

WHY CAN'T I HAVE ANY?

Update: the first batch FINALLY cooled enough to frost. Nick and I are so ridiculously full from the baked egg cups that we just shared a single cupcake. I might have gotten a little sprinkle-happy with it.


Wait. Just one second.


Well how about that. Uncanny.

The good thing about making my own cupcakes is, I can put however much frosting I want on it.

FROSTING

I'm off to succumb to my sugar crash now. Good night.

Oh wait. Not before a RETRO CAMERA PICTURE. That's right. I'm making this a daily thing. Because it's so cool.

Me. On the train platform, going home from work. Being ARTSY.

Maybe I'll call it "The Daily Artsy." I'll have to think about that.

Good night for real.

0 comments:

Post a Comment