Friday, July 29, 2011

Dessert Friday #4

Cupcakes. Again. What else?


The building I work in sometimes gets mini (really, really tiny) cupcakes from this place and gives them to us (like appreciation day, holidays, etc.), so I knew they were good, but I'd never actually gotten a full-sized cupcake from them.

They were fantastic. Sadly they kind of toppled in the box and the frosting (which was gorgeous) got a little smeared.


Nick immediately ordered two red velvets when we got there because they were the LAST two, but then I wanted the pumpkin spice...so we ended up getting three cupcakes. Hurrah for us.

I could definitely live off that cream cheese frosting. And there was so much of it.


Seriously. So good. There is as much frosting as you think there is.

Just to drive the point home.

:D
<3 Fridays.

At one point I looked down and saw this.

Stinkeye
I didn't give her any. I know. I'm so selfish.

We went to a baseball game tonight, Red Sox vs. White Sox. Nick is a die-hard Red Sox fan, and I'm...well, I grew up in the south side of Chicago, but I never really cared. So I guess I'm a Red Sox fan as well (sorry White Sox fans out there, but if it makes you feel better, I'm not a particularly good cheerer unless it's for the Bulls).

Sadly the Red Sox lost (sorry to remind you, Nick), but here are some cool pictures.

The stadium filled up more eventually. Kind of.
I'm so artsy being all sepia-toned.
Check out that action shot.
And then there were fireworks! Which was pretty awesome, except that did you know it is super difficult to get a decent shot of fireworks? I ended up with a bunch of pictures of blinding light in a mass of smoke. So sad.

Pretend the smoke isn't there and you might see some fireworks.
We're going to another game on Sunday (told you, Nick is one intense fan) so hopefully that will have a better outcome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment