Sunday, July 10, 2011

Puddle Cat

It's really warm out today. Like, 90's. I didn't think about this before I went on my scheduled 4-mile run this morning at 9:30. It was awful. Things to note, for future reference:
  1. Check forecast in advance. If predicted hot weather, run early. WAY early. Even if it's the weekend.
  2. Never, ever, ever stop in the middle of a run to walk for a bit and think I will be able to start running again. Legs will feel like lead.
  3. Don't run in heat. It won't work well.
Bailey has spent all day looking like a puddle of fur. Our apartment is old so it doesn't have central air conditioning, so she's spent the day sprawled out in various places. 


I really don't think it's terrible inside (I say this after having just sat on the couch for the past 4 hours - still recovering from my run, obviously), but Bailey likes to be dramatic.


And there was definitely a lot of napping. Which I really enjoy, because that means she's not sprinting around the apartment causing a ruckus. 



It's a tough life for a kitten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment