Friday, July 8, 2011

Dessert Fridays

Nick and I have a new tradition.

Desserts after work on Friday (before dinner...of course).

Today was a long day at work, I ended up staying way later than I had planned to in order to finish something. Nick and I had planned on getting cupcakes after work from Cupcake Counter, but I couldn't leave on time. Nick ended up going by himself so we'd still have cupcakes, but he walked in to see someone buying the last four cupcakes. I cried a little when I found out.

Luckily, Crumbs Bake Shop was about 20 feet away, so he went there instead! Yay! He picked up a cookies 'n cream cupcake and a cookie dough cupcake. Needless to say I basically started drooling in my cubicle when I found out.

It was like smiley faces and sunshine when I got home.


Bailey was intrigued as well.


They were delicious, don't get me wrong. But I was completely fooled by the frosting, which looks about 2 inches thick here, when it was really just a sad little layer. It was by far the best part of the cupcake (duh). There must have been some crack or something in it. I'm pretty sure I could have eaten it with a spoon straight out of a bowl (then again I can do that for most frosting...but this was seriously good).



I think even Bailey was a little sad about the frosting.


But still. Give me a cupcake and I will eat it. Especially one of these.

So now Fridays are super awesome for several reasons.
  • Fridays are REST DAYS! :DDDDD (Except today, because of my fail day yesterday.)
  • It's FRIDAY! Need I say more?
  • DESSERTS AFTER WORK! Why didn't I think of this before?

0 comments:

Post a Comment