Monday, March 28, 2011

Sleep Deprived

I haven't gotten a full night's sleep for about a month now, since I started letting Bailey back in my room at night. This seems to be because Bailey is starved either for attention or her daily breakfast of wet food starting at about 4am, give or take a few minutes.

She starts by rolling around on my bed, in hopes of waking me up (which, 99% of the time, she does) by thrashing into my leg.


I've gotten mad at her for this. I've thrown her out of the room because of this. It's super annoying. So now after she realizes she's woken me up because of this, she tries to play it off cool, like she was just doing what kittens normally do.


At this point she just stops caring about how grumpy I am and starts getting really excited because she's on my bed.


And I imagine she's thinking this with the same enthusiasm as these guys:



Change "boat" to "bed," and you totally have Bailey. Although Bailey might have more swagger.

She'll keep all this up for a couple hours. When it fails to get me out of bed, she then takes initiative and gets out of bed herself. In order to stare up from the floor at me. And try to creep me out of bed, I guess.


It didn't take her long to learn that when she does this, I would either grumpily tell her to stop staring at me or just fall back asleep. So then she takes the staring up a notch and jumps back on the bed.


I just ignore her now. I'm hoping that if she doesn't get what she wants (attention and/or food) when she wakes me up, she'll eventually give up and just let me sleep. Here's to hoping that happens, because it hasn't yet.

Also, she has now taken to biting my thumb in the middle of the night, hard enough so that I wake up. It's like being pricked with tiny but very sharp needles. Whenever I wake up to this, I tap her on her nose as punishment, although I don't think she considers it punishment because she just purrs at me the entire time. Any ideas why she does this? Anyone? My thumb would like to know.  :-(

0 comments:

Post a Comment